Wednesday, October 19, 2011

10/19 - Catching my breath

Yesterday was another morning training session for the Standardized Patient Program. As I sat there thinking, "Why am I doing this again?" I realized it is one of those things "they" tell you to do to keep your mind fresh and alive. I had to learn new material, meet new people, be in a situation different from anything else I do. It's fun and I think it will be worthwhile. I just don't think I'll have the time to devote to it that some people do for a while.

Yesterday was the day of sadness: Nina emailed and it finally hit her that not only has she left us behind, her own family will be four hours away. Marianne and Randy had bouts of the seasonal depression. It was a tough day, but we all got through it. I just finished emailing pictures from the party to Nina. It's still hard to believe that her stay is over. We'll have Randy here for a while, but he is in and out and much more independent. Thanksgiving break will happen and he'll be gone for almost a week, I think.

Today starts the round of appointments that could lead to my mother's knee replacement. We see the cardiologist today, which she hasn't done for a couple of years. Tomorrow, Boniva injection. Monday, Dr. Yee, the pulmonary lady. Then the knee man at the beginning of November. In between, I'm trying to get some more gardening done.

Here's hoping that all the sad people make it through.

Dinner: yesterday was beans and greens (penne, spinach, cannelini beans, tomatoes and peppers.) Today, I think we'll go with chicken and chilis.

No comments:

Post a Comment