Monday, October 17, 2011

10/17 It's official

Yesterday, my 55th birthday, marked the official beginning of my pension. My account with PSERS goes active as of that date, so it's yet another milestone. It was an emotional day for many reasons. Nina left to head back to Germany and to university, where she'll become an engineer with a keen understanding of economics. It was a tearful day, since we had all become very attached. I'm sure as she left she was convinced she might never see my mother again. I am here today with material to study for my new job and no one to cook for or do yoga with, and it feels very strange.

The other big event of yesterday was the Jackie Evancho concert. We had looked forward to it for months and it didn't disappoint. The concert was also a promotion for the opera and it was quite effective. Since I don't play volleyball this Friday, I might take my mother to see La Traviata. I've wanted to see it since our days with the Red Masquers when Jean Brodie talked about it in the play.

I can afford a few more minutes of stalling, then I have to get to the business of serious study. I have to figure out how to become a person I don't like. Hmmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment