Wednesday, October 12, 2011

10/12 - Winding down

There are days I actually am glad it's raining, because it eliminates one possible chore: yard work. I finished the mulching except for some minor tweaking. Yesterday was my first day of training for the Standardized Patient Program at Pitt. I am excited about it, and the thought of having homework makes me laugh a little.

Today I am trying to get caught up on communication chores and some inside work. Yesterday was a whirlwind: a.m. training, lunch with Jay, fighting the presidential motorcade closures to get to Green Tree for an appointment with my financial planner. Today will be less hectic. Or not.

Much of my thought lately revolves around my mother's condition. It really is sometimes hard to deal with the mental/emotional fallout of her physical problems. I just need to keep remembering that having her here with all the baggage is still better than not having her.

Nina leaves this week, and Randy has moved in for the next eight weeks. We'll get some minor house chores done, but most importantly, he'll be able to patch and paint my mother's upstairs rooms. There is always a window open when a door is closed.

Dinners this week will be Nina's favorites: my homemade pizza, pesto pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment