Monday, September 26, 2011

9/26 - Trying to catch up

I won't bore with clichés about how I don't know how I fit in working, but they are true. Let's just let it go at that. The gardening project continues, I need to fit in cleaning the house, and I need my calendar more than ever.

This weekend brought a family wedding, one I never thought we'd see. Bob's cousin Greg got married to the woman he brought to last Christmas dinner. She has a 19-year-old daughter with Down's Syndrome, and the ceremony reflected that they were now a family, not just a couple. It was very touching, and good to see the family at a happy occasion.

The roof work continued at my mother's and we finally resolved the satellite dish problems. I have come to realize that the house will be an ongoing thing to work on as long as we own it. Unlike ours, there are updates and maintenance that haven't been taken care of, so we'll be doing that now.

In the meantime, how to stay serene. Hmmmm, better stop skipping yoga workouts. Time to get to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment