Sunday, January 12, 2014

Who took my joy?

Yesterday was the harbinger of illness, literally. Bob woke up with chest congestion, fever and an overall bad feeling. I hustled the Mamá out of here and to my sister's to help her avoid the bad stuff, especially since he really complained about lung congestion and coughed like crazy.

Today started with a request for a trip to Medexpress, which confirmed a diagnosis of the flu, apparently one which was not "covered" by the flu shot back in October. I spent the day cleaning the bedrooms and hallway, so as to minimize contact with the infected one. A quiet day overall, enhanced by a well-timed NCIS Marathon, my personal guilty pleasure. 

Somewhere in there I realized that we really need to remember to notice and appreciate the joy present in our lives. We laughed about something while watching a movie, and it struck me how much I have been worrying lately. Every the proponent of not worrying, I need to remind myself of how much good there is. So noted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment