Friday, November 4, 2011

11/4 Onward

It's been quite a week on the geriatric scene. My mother completed all her appointments leading up to the orthopedic man yesterday. He took one look at the x-ray of her left knee and literally apologized for not realizing how bad it must have been last year when she saw him. She has replacement surgery scheduled for Nov. 30. Recovery will mostly take place here, and he is happy about that since it apparently significantly reduces the possibility of infection.

She also got her Q-Tenza treatment on Wednesday. Hopefully soon, she will have no pain to complain about; then what shall we do?

I was just offered a case portrayal on Dec. 1. I hate to decline, since this really is a vote of confidence on the team's part, but I worry that I will be exhausted because of mom's surgery the day before. On the other hand, she will be safely in the hospital, so that would free me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment